TheBumpWWGroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WW Tips :)

Go down

WW Tips :) Empty WW Tips :)

Post  Adamsbride Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:14 am

Hey girls! I'm Rachel and some of you may recognize me from the 3-6 board. I started WW at 3 weeks postpartum and I'm almost to my goal (7 pounds left!) I just wanted to share a few tips that have helped me, and hope that they may help some of you

- MEASURE everything. I measure everything from my 2 tbsp. of half & half in my coffee to the 4 oz of grilled chicken I eat at dinner. Invest in a food scale. I can't tell you how many times I 'eye' a piece of meat to be 4 oz and I'm way off. Measure your 1 c. cereal, 1 c. grapes, 2 tbsp. peanut butter- EVERYTHING!!!

- follow the healthy guidelines very closely!!! Every day, I get in healthy fat (olive oil, etc), 2 servings dairy, at least 3 fruits, 3 veggies, and whole grains. These guidelines are SO important!!

- don't fill up on empty points! My sister is having a rough time losing weight and she wanted me to examine her food diary. She was eating several granola bars, WW cookies, 100 calorie packs etc per day. While these are nice "treats," these should not replace the nutrition from eating clean. I eat clean 90% of the day, and 10% I save room for a WW fudge bar and a Fiber 1 bar

-Don't overexercise!! I was working out 4-5 times per week in the beginning and I couldn't break a plateau for the life of me! I cut down my working out to 1-2 days per week and I've steadily lost 2 pounds a week. Some people cannot exercise and lose as much as others! Play around with your exercising to see what works for YOU

-Eating "late" is a myth to me. Whether you eat a granola bar at 11 pm or 2 pm, it's still the same amount of calories in. Yes- your body is burning more calories during the day when you're more active, but it's really insignificant. A few times a month, I wake up at 2 am hungry! I have a piece of string cheese or two and journal it in my WW journal. It has never affected my weight loss.

- It's OKAY to have a bad day. Usually, 1 time per month I will go over my flex points. It's usually at a wedding or social event. I get right back on the next day and my weight loss hasn't stalled at all because of it. You did not ruin your diet by overindulging one day. Just get right back on track!!

- JOURNAL EVERYTHING YOU EAT. I know avid WW'ers who pick off their kid's plates each day, just a bite here or there. This adds up over time!!! If you put it in your mouth, write it down!

-Don't become obsessed with the scale. Weigh once a week, first thing in the morning (or at your meeting) and that's it!!!

K- That's all I can think of. So excited to go through this journey with you ladies!

A few of my progress pics Smile

WW Tips :) Untitl10

This was at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, and 9 weeks postpartum

WW Tips :) 9_12_111

This was at 9 weeks, 12 weeks, 14 weeks, and now 16 weeks postpartum

WW Tips :) Before10

Before/After: Did WW before I got pregnant and have 7 pounds to get back to my "after" goal weight!

WW Tips :) Weight10
Face before/after shot

Adamsbride

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum