TheBumpWWGroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMAZING Turkey Burgers/Meatballs

Go down

AMAZING Turkey Burgers/Meatballs Empty AMAZING Turkey Burgers/Meatballs

Post  Flowr4246 Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:20 pm

These have recently become a favorite staple of mine. I'm not usually a big turkey burger/meatball fan because they tend to dry out, but the veggies in these keep them VERY moist. I love them! (And the hidden veggies are great for those among us - my DH now and hopefully NOT my daughter later - who don't care for "green food". We had the meatballs on Sunday and DH had no clue he was eating spinach!)

Turkey Burgers with Zucchini
1 1/3 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
1 small zucchini, grated
1/4 large red onion(s), grated
1/4 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs
1 clove(s) garlic clove(s), grated
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp black pepper
Makes 8 burgers @ 3 points each. (Serve them on one of the Arnold's Sandwich Thin Rolls for only 1 additional point.)

I also used a variation of this recipe (since my zucchini had gone bad and I didn't realize it until I started to cook) to make meatballs - Just as tasty! Here it is:

Variation on Turkey Burgers - for Meatballs
1 1/3 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
1 small yellow summer squash, grated
1/2 cup, chopped spinach (well drained)
1/4 large red onion(s), grated
3/4 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs
1 clove(s) garlic clove(s), grated
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp black pepper
Makes 24 meatballs; 3 points per 2 meatballs, so it serves 12 this way. (You need the extra breadcrumbs with this variation because the extra juice from the squash/spinach combo made the mixture too wet with only a 1/4 cup.)

Enjoy!
Flowr4246
Flowr4246

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum