TheBumpWWGroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Power

3 posters

Go down

Will Power Empty Will Power

Post  ShanaAnne Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 am

I've been finding will power, but just hope it lasts. Last night, I stopped at my sisters house and she offered me pizza. I kindly declined and went home to have grilled chicken, brocoli and mash potatoes. This morning I arrive at work to find chocolate cake in the kitchen from our secretary. A week ago, a piece of chocolate cake would have been my breakfast, but instead I got my bottle of water, toasted my weight watchers bagel with low fat cream cheese, and walked away.

How do you ladies do it, and continue to do it?

ShanaAnne

Back to top Go down

Will Power Empty Re: Will Power

Post  Flowr4246 Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 pm

I think the biggest thing when it comes to junk food that I would really love to eat is planning. It's not as tough for me to say no to a random piece of chocolate cake in the lunch room if I have a 'conversation' with myself about whether or not it's something I really want, etc. If I decide that I must have some kind of chocolate cake, I usually plan to eat it the NEXT day. Sure it might not be the same cake - You may have to make it yourself or buy some alternative. BUT, that extra day gives me two things. 1) It gives me time to plan out my points so I can eat a piece of cake without completely blowing the diet for the day. And 2) It gives me time to determine if the junk food is something I REALLY want, or I'm only contemplating just because it's there.
Flowr4246
Flowr4246

Back to top Go down

Post  futuremrsbb Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:04 pm

I totally agree with you Flowr. I really wanted a chocolate dipped cone from dairy queen last night. So I looked up the points and knew that yesterday I was going to be getting pretty close so planned on us going today to get it. Now that today is here I'm not so sure I really want it but if I do I am able to by not splurging at any other point during the day.
futuremrsbb
futuremrsbb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum