TheBumpWWGroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is everyone doing?

5 posters

Go down

How is everyone doing? Empty How is everyone doing?

Post  Mrs.dovey Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:20 am

I am still struggeling with tracking points. I know I just need to get into the habit of doing it, but ugg. Hassle! Otherwise I think I am doing alright. I have been trying to snack on yougurt, cheese, instead of chips, popcorn. Wink. I have also started eating more salads. I did have a bad dinner yesterday but DH wanted to try out the new Mexican place and I had intended on just ordering a salad, but I saw they have Pastor. Which is a seasoned pork. It is really hard to find good Pastor in the US. *I spent a month in Mexico last year for study abroad* Well I had to try and it was great!!! so worth spending the extra points!
Mrs.dovey
Mrs.dovey

Back to top Go down

How is everyone doing? Empty Re: How is everyone doing?

Post  Flowr4246 Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Struggling with points is tough for the first few weeks because it's tough to know what you can/can't eat until you've memorized some of the basics (which obviously vary per person). I've sorta gotten into a groove now, but it was tough before I learned my "staples". I also got thrown by portion sizes. For a while I wasn't paying attention to the fact that servings were often bigger than what I thought. So I wasn't eating the full size and it was (understandably) leaving me hungry. My best advice would be to learn a few basics (especially for breakfast because if you don't get started well you'll be hungry all day) and then branch out from there. It's not such a hassle once you've got some easy fallbacks.

Some of mine are:
Kellogg's Nutragrain Low-fat Waffles - 2 points per serving (a serving is 2 waffles) and a T. of peanut butter = 3 points total (if you only eat one waffle... I do that because I find it's enough to fill me up)
FiberOne yogurt - I'm not a yogurt person at all, but I've found this stuff to be delicious and it's ZERO points!
Jello 60-cal, sugar-free/fat-free pudding cups - 1 point per serving and great when you need a chocolate fix
WW mozzarella cheese sticks - 1 point each
SmartOnes breakfast sandwiches and meals - I use these for lunches (with a serving of veggies on the side for zero points added) and they're great because they have the points values written right on the box. Most are between 4 - 6 points and I haven't had one yet that I didn't like.
Flowr4246
Flowr4246

Back to top Go down

Post  broomhead78 Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:23 pm

I just started today! Dovey, thanks so much for helping me calculate my daily points! Smile

It's funny how I'm already going back to those staples from my old WW days (lunch = a sandwich on a Smart Start multigrain english muffin, snack = WW yogurt, etc.). My only screw-up today was having Pop Tarts for breakfast because I had yet to go to the market and we had nothing else!

I'm really excited to be doing this again, and I'm so happy I have bumpies to do it with, to keep each other motivated, etc.! Yay Smile
broomhead78
broomhead78

Back to top Go down

Post  Luv-a-Bug Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:17 pm

I started the week strong, faltered on the weekend and then after I screw up it's hard for me to track those points and keep tracking for the remainder of the week.

I did work out today though so hopefully that helped fix some of what I did.
Luv-a-Bug
Luv-a-Bug
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Myonetruelove Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:28 pm

I was good this weekend and then totally blew the weekend. Between ice cream, chocolate covered strawberries, salami and cheese platter and icee's. Gosh I suck. I"m back on track today. Although the bagel I had this morning was probably not such a good choice.
Myonetruelove
Myonetruelove

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum