TheBumpWWGroup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faux Key Lime Pie

3 posters

Go down

Faux Key Lime Pie Empty Faux Key Lime Pie

Post  broomhead78 Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Okay, so someone on the internet lied and said my recipe was a WW recipe. But when I opened the Keebler reduced-fat graham cracker crust, I discovered it is, in fact, a Keebler recipe! BUT, it's still just 4 points for 1/8 of the pie, and I found that that one little piece was still almost too rich to finish (just like real key lime pie). One problem with the recipe was that the Jello did not dissolve in the 1/4 c. water; instead, it just kind of turned into a big green booger. I stirred it up with the whisk as much as I could and then just removed the booger mass. The pie still came out great, but maybe lacked a bit of the proper consistency? Next time, I think I'm actually going to serve this more like a custard and sprinkle it with low-fat graham crackers to save some calories/points. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1/4 c. boiling water
- 1 (8 oz.) container fat-free whipped cream
- 1 (12 oz.) key lime pie yogurt (I used Yoplait Light)

- In a large bowl, dissolved gelatin in boiling water
- Stir in yogurt with wire whisk
- Fold in whipped cream with wooden spoon
- Spread in crust
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours

And, actually, I just googled to see if I could find this online and found a WW recipe that says it's 3 pts, not 4 (but it actually has more ingredients...?). Here's that link, too: http://www.bigoven.com/161438-Key-Lime-Pie-(Weight-Watchers)-3-pts-per-slice-recipe.html
broomhead78
broomhead78

Back to top Go down

Faux Key Lime Pie Empty Re: Faux Key Lime Pie

Post  Flowr4246 Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 am

Mmm - I can't wait to try this. And I definitely like your parfait idea!

P.S. I couldn't get your link to work.
Flowr4246
Flowr4246

Back to top Go down

Post  Bianca42 Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 am

Hungry Girl has a recipe very similar that is served as a parfait with crushed graham crackers on top. I'm lazy, so I just used 1/2 a graham cracker as my spoon. Very Happy

Buy the way...Hungry Girl rules. I love her cookbooks and on her website you can sign up for daily emails with product recommendations and recipes.

Bianca42

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum