I have a confession

Go down

I have a confession

Post  Bianca42 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:21 pm

I have a really bad confession. I'm in the process of weaning from BF and WW is one of the reasons.

I was doing WW when I got pregnant. (I would have gotten my 16 week charm the day I POAS.)

I started back to WW at about 7 weeks. Those extra 10 points for BF are wonderful. Even with them, I find myself eating some of the weekly points. LOL Yea for BF...I've been losing. I'm .8 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.

So, last week when I weighed in the leader asked if I'd had set a goal yet because I'm getting close to the high end of the recommended goal range. She said to think about where I want my goal to be. I immediately started freaking out...because I so don't want to hit goal with those 10 extra BF points. Because I know when I drop them I'll struggle for a while and will end up blowing my goal.

So, then I started thinking about all the reasons that BF isn't working for me right now. I EP, it takes 1.5-2 hours of my day every day to pump..and I still supplement some. I'm always sore, damp, I smell like sour milk, etc. So, I'm stopping. I've dropped to 5 WW points instead of 10 for BF and am down to 2 pumps a day. By the time I'm done pumping, I'll be past the 6 month point I wanted to be at with BF.

I'm just feeling guilt that the thing that really got me motivated to stop is losing weight and getting my body back. Tell me I'm not a big jerk...

Bianca42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a confession

Post  Flowr4246 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:31 pm

I don't think you're being a jerk at all! You've done a lot more in the BF realm than I was ever willing to do, so I don't think you should beat yourself up one iota for whatever reason you want to stop. And your baby's had 6 months of the BM to give a kick start if that was ever a concern for you! Go you for doing it that long!
Flowr4246

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myonetruelove on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 pm

EP's takes a toll not only on your body. I give credit to women who do it for a long period of time. I did it for only one month and was able to get Zaiden to latch. If you have made it this far then you are not being selfish or anything. It is now time to do what is best for you also. The formula is not going to harm your LO.
Myonetruelove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bianca42 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I'm feeling better with my decision today...and DH is totally supportive.

This week was so hard giving up 5 of my 10 BF daily points. I burned through all but 1 weekly point and still need to get through tonight. Not sure how I'm going to drop the other 5 in a week or so.

Bianca42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down