Uggh. DH and dealing with WW

Go down

Uggh. DH and dealing with WW

Post  Mrs.dovey on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:31 pm

So I have found my first battle with WW. I don't remember it being a problem the last time I was on the program but I never realized how much DH eats.. He is not really a little overweight but man, does he really have to eat in front of me? Cereal this morning I went with the serving size and uggh still hungry, then DH gets his bowl which is probaly about 5 serving sizes.. How do you deal with DH eating differntly than you?
Mrs.dovey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uggh. DH and dealing with WW

Post  Jeni182 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:13 pm

I can definitely relate. My husband is a little dude...probably 115 soaking wet (he's only 5'4...i'm 5'...we're tiny!) and his metabolism is insane. He eats hotdogs and cookies and drinks mountain dew all freaking day long and I dont' think he's gained a pound in the 7 years we've been together.

I guess I've just learned to deal with it. Have you tried talking to DH? I know when I mentioned it to A once he stopped buying a lot of the junk so it wasn't sitting around the house for me to drool over. Hopefully he'll be understanding...or you'll get used to it. Whatever works. Wink
Jeni182

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie12910 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Same here! Last night (right after I told him how bad the McDonald's frappes are) he goes to Mcdonalds and gets on and a medium french fry. I asked if he was trying to sabotage me!! Oh and as I am writing this he just brought me a slice or cheese! This next week at the beach with him and my family is going to be so hard!

ellie12910

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bianca42 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Luckily, DH does most of his major eating after I go to bed. The hardest part for me this time is not eating off my 5 year old's plate.

The big issue I had with DH when I first started this time was offering me food. We'd be watching TV at night and he'd offer me some carrot cake or something equally bad. I would say no thank you...and then to be "polite" he would offer several more times. We talked about it and now he usually offers once and then that's it. (The other night it was tortilla chips with cheese melted on them. I said no and then when he was down to 3 left I had one...that way there was no chance of me eating a whole bunch!)

Bianca42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luv-a-Bug on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:41 am

Well, it's a little ridiculous, but when I make some dinners, such as ones that include rice, I make him white rice and make brown for myself. It's a bit of a P.I.T.A., but it works out ok and now that there are "set points" for some foods like the brown rice, I can eat the amount it takes to satisfy me and just record that set amount of points.

Also, if DH goes for seconds, I'll usually just make sure I have a couple points left to spare and have a skinny cow ice cream or something.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  broomhead78 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Yeah, it's tough. When I read this week's meal plan to DH, I got a lot of side-eyes, eyerolls, and sighs. But he needs to lose almost twice as much as I do, so I hope we can support each other, even if we're trying different weight-loss programs. Once he starts losing weight from eating healthier dinners, I'm hoping he'll be happy and stop trying to tempt me with crap I shouldn't eat!
broomhead78

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flowr4246 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 pm

When it comes to dinners and stuff I just make what I've planned and let DH deal. Often, he'll forage for a snack afterwards that's the equivalent of a second meal. But I figure that's on him. I do try to make sure there's at least one "full-fat" side dish that he won't mind. And I make a lot of the WW recipes that involve beef so it's more filling. But we've always been a fend-for-yourself type of couple when it comes to additional food (he eats a RIDICULOUS amount more than I do), so it's nothing new.

The only time I get really frustrated is when he CONSTANTLY offers me the junk he's eating and then gets mad when I turn him down. His line is, "I was just trying to be nice." In my book, that's all fine and good. But "nice" would be making me a veggie tray or grabbing me a skinny cow, NOT offering me food that I've specifically told him I'm trying to avoid.
Flowr4246

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down